Was very excited to see my Xoom get ICS pushed to it last night.
I would not say there are drastic differences, but I would say the overal experience is mouch more polished.
Browser works much better on large websites (no more choppy loading). Images have a ton more features when you take pictures. In addition to that I found this official list of what is included in the ICS updates for the Wifi Xoom.
Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Software Update for the Motorola XOOM™ (IML77)
- Who Can Use This Release: Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi users - USA only
- After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:
- Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan Users can also now save pages for offline reading and request desktop versions of websites.
- Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs You can now dismiss individual notifications, apps from the Recent Apps list, and browser tabs with a simple swipe of a finger.
- Redesigned app launcher In All Apps launcher, you can now simply drag an app to get information about it, immediately uninstall it, or disable a pre-installed app.
- New System Font for Improved Readability An entirely new typeface (called Roboto) optimized for high resolution screens improves readability and brings a polished feel to the user interface.
- Updated “People” Application Replaces contacts and integrates seamlessly with Google+ and other social networks.
- Improved text input and spell-checking The keyboard now features improved accuracy to make text input faster. It also now includes an in-line spell checker to make corrections easier.
- Type with your voice Now you can simply touch the microphone on the keyboard and start talking to write emails, SMS, or any other text—more than 20 languages supported. Text appears in real time, so there’s no waiting for server processing.
- Richer and versatile imaging capabilities For capturing larger scenes, the camera introduces a single motion panorama mode. Also, you can now take still shots while shooting video just by tapping the screen as video continues to record. You can also launch camera directly from the Lockscreen. When you shoot videos, you can now choose from a number of silly faces and other fun effects which recognize individual facial features so you can give your friends big eyes, squeeze heads, make noses bigger, or change the scenery with background replacement.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor To help pictures look their best, the Gallery now offers a powerful photo editor so you can crop and rotate pictures, set levels, remove red eyes, add effects, and much more.Richer, resizable widgets You can expand widgets to show more content, or shrink them to save space.
- You can receive the update over a Wi-Fi connection.